Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
Happy Hump Day! Today’s recipe is inspired by my mom. She asked if I had a recipe for No-Bake Cookies. Of course I do. There are very few things I that I don’t have a recipe for and since I put in my Christmas cookie order with her now, finding her a no-bake cookie recipe was a fair trade off. However, I draw the line at texting her the ingredients and instructions.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats ( old fashioned)
- In large saucepan, mix sugar, margarine, and milk; bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat. (full, rolling boil = large bubbles rising to surface that can’t be stirred down).
- Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted; stir in oats.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper covered cookie sheet.